Home » Welcome

Welcome

Email: matthewquez1@gmail.com
Phone: (616) 856-0419
Freshman

Hello, my name is Matthew Enriquez. I’m 18 years old and I still have a lot to learn. My parents are from Mexico and Ecuador, and I was born and reared in Queens, New York. History, science, and politics are all areas that pique my interest, and I aim to learn more about them in the near future. I’m fascinated by how the world works and how I can assist make it a better place by always learning about the topics that interest me.

To understand my style of writing and my reason for doing, as well as how I could improve… Here’s a look at my cover letter

Cover Letter Self Reflection
Matthew Enriquez
Professor Brittany B Vicars
English Composition 101
November 2, 2022
In terms of my writing, I’m beginning to believe that my voice can stand for a lot. It reflects how I feel and see myself in the face of daily tasks and challenges. I believe it is important to be honest with myself anytime I write or express myself about my voice, even if it is painful to do so. When I speak in person what I have to say is ignored, but when I write it people listen. My strength in writing so that people can take it seriously is correctly expressing my emotions, and my weakness is writing blocks.
Despite my lack of confidence in my writing, I was able to complete the task with the complex thoughts in my head. On November 1, 2022, the professor gave me a prompt called “Autumn is…” I could tell she wanted to unlock something that was deeply personal to me. I sat in my chair and thought about autumn, after which I made a bullet list to organize my thoughts. The evidence from my past and the description of the location I was in greatly improved the piece. I showed it to the class and a few of my closest friends to see if it was any good, and they said it was unique.
Now, whenever I’m working on a persuasive or informative essay having the correct evidence is the main goal. Without the correct evidence, the points you make will just be picked off one by one. I know the obvious, like don’t use Wikipedia or any site that can be constantly changed. Instead, I use first-person accounts of a certain topic. For example, I’ll rather use the information describing how fighting in the trenches was from a soldier that was in it than have someone in modern times explain how it would have been. Information is key to making a substantial impact on the reader.  
I would like the readers to tell others about my work and make them understand the ideas I think are right. To expand the knowledge of a certain subject for another person is almost always my main goal. My writing has developed over the years, and I’m confident that it will continue to grow in the next years, allowing readers to be transported to my concepts. I’d like for you, the readers, to give me any criticism you have, so I won’t hold back. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I’m looking forward to it.